5 Tips to Get Your Car Ready for Winter
With the winter months right around the corner, you want to make sure that your vehicle is winter-ready for the weather we can get here in the Provo, UT area.
Here is our list of give tips to get your car ready for winter:
- Park in your garage or purchase a car cover. Storing your vehicle in the garage during the winter months is your best bet to protect your car from damage to the paint, an icy windshield, and even fluids freezing. If you don’t have a garage, purchase a car cover to prevent an icy windshield and salt damage.
- Check your heating system. There’s nothing worse than going to warm your car up in the winter and finding your heat doesn’t work! Make sure the heater system is working well, as well as the blower and window defroster.
- Are your windshield wipers working? Having functioning wipers is key to keeping your windshield clean of snow and freezing rain. If your wipers have worn out, have them replaced, and make sure that your wiper fluid has antifreeze in it.
- Keep fluid levels full. Transmission fluid has well as higher weight oils have a tendency to not perform as well in colder weather. Make sure your fluid levels remain full throughout the winter to keep your vehicle running smoothly.
- Make sure you’re prepared for any emergency. When you’re driving through bad weather, make sure you tell a friend or family member where you’re going and when you plan to arrive. Keep an emergency kit in the trunk of your car. The kit should include: a flashlight, batteries, candles and matches (stored in a sealed bag), a shovel, a sleeping bag, water, non-perishable food, a first aid kit, and two bags of sand positioned near the wheel wells.
We hope you’ve found our winter car tips helpful! When you need to get your car ready for winter, contact Campus Tire Pros in Provo, UT. Give us a call at 801-374-6240 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM-6:00 PM and Saturdays from 8:00 AM-4:00 PM.